The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to care for clients in a safe and hygienic environment
Learners will be able to:
- Identify individual’s in need of Health care by examining their physical, emotional, social and psychological requirements.
- Identify each individual’s hygiene needs and demonstrate the correct procedure for cleaning and replacing patient equipment and linen.
- Demonstrate a range of interpersonal skills including empathy, patience and respect when dealing with each individual patient.
- Assist each individual with mobility, dressing, feeding, grooming and bathing, when required, while demonstrating client safety and security at all times.
- Give assistance to each individual with the use of care equipment aids, to encourage independence. These include mobility, feeding, washing aids and hoists.
- Complete client documentation when required & report each patient’s condition to relevant Supervisor when requested.
- Assist clients with dressing, grooming, eating, drinking, toileting, continence promotion, mobility and where appropriate, social needs.
- Apply client safety and security procedures to include appropriate on site client care procedures for washing, bathing, showering, positioning, moving and handling.
Assignment 40% Skills Demonstration 60%