Knapsack Sprayer Pesticide Application
Aim: The Knapsack sprayer application course aims to provide each learner the knowledge, skills and attitude for correct usage and safety of pesticides using a knapsack sprayer.
Delivery: Participants will engage in independent learning outside of formal training supported by an FRS tutor. The course is delivered using a combination of classroom-based tutorials along with practical training.
What award do I receive? After successful completion of the Knapsack training course, each learner will receive a QQI level 5 certificate in Handheld pesticide Application.
Course Duration: The Knapsack sprayer course is delivered over 2 non– consecutive days plus assessment. The course will run from 10am – 4.30pm each day.
Entry Requirements: Face shield, gloves, wellington boots and overalls
How much does it cost? The course fee is €180. Telephone 042 9746087 to book your place.
Course Venue: The course is held in Castleblayney Community Enterprise Centre, Dublin Road, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan A75 WF72
Topics covered include:
- Why use pesticides?
- Different variety of suitable pesticide control methods available to farmers and growers
- Describe the different procedures and use of pesticides in the control of pests
- Principles and procedures of how to handle, mix, store, apply and dispose of pesticides
- Summary of laws and regulations that applies to poisonous substances to include pesticide residues and maintain adequate records
- Health & Safety information
- Preparation & calibration of a knapsack sprayer
- PPE & Equipment
After successful completion of the 2-day knapsack spraying course, you will be awarded a level 5 qualification in horticulture (5M2586).
Dates: Wednesday 15th and Thursday 23rd March from 10am to 4pm