The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to communicate verbally and non-verbally in standard everyday tasks and in work-related tasks, operating independently while under supervision.
Learners will be able to:
- Analyse a range of current issues in communications and information technology.
- Understand legislation that must be observed in a personal and/or work context.
- Demonstrate good verbal and listening skills appropriate to working under general direction.
- Use different reading and perform critical analysis on different pieces of texts and understand the user of primary and secondary sources of validation of information.
- Use a range of skills including proof reading and editing on a range of documents.
- Be able to communicate effectively in a one-to-one or group situations.
- Choose the appropriate communications technology to give and receive requests, instructions, suggestions, discussion and feedback in both work and leisure, to include a rationale for choosing one technology over another in different contexts and for different messages.
Portfolio / Collection of Work 50% Skills Demonstration 50%