The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the skills, competence and knowledge to participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under supervision.
Learners will be able to:
- Examine work organisations and personal career opportunities to include consideration of work related needs.
- Analyse key challenges and opportunities facing a particular vocational area.
- Understand the basic rights and responsibilities in relation to health, safety and welfare at work, equality legislation, union representation and pay related regulations as they pertain to employees and employers.
- Compile a personal and vocational skills audit and career plan for a specific vocational area, to include goals and action points for the period of work experience
- Create job finding related documents and present to others.
- Participate effectively in work experience, to include general goals associated with all work types.
- Demonstrate effective personal and interpersonal effective communications skills in the workplace.
- Reflect on workplace experiences and challenges in the workplace.
- Explore options for future education, training and employment in light of work experience
Portfolio / Collection of Work 60% Skills Demonstration 40%