Basic First Aid/ Paediatric
Aim: This Basic First Aid/ Paediatric First Aid training courses aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge needed to provide an emergency first aid response, if the need arises. The Paediatric course is specifically designed towards children.
Delivery: The Basic First Aid/ Paediatric training course is delivered by an experienced Health & Safety Authority (HSA) approved tutor, using power-point presentations and discussions, videos and hands-on practical learning.
What award do I receive? After successful completion of Basic First Aid/ Paediatric First Aid Training each learner will receive a NB Training Services certificate which is valid for 2 years
Course Duration: The Basic First Aid/ Paediatric First Aid course is delivered over 1 day from 9.30am-4.30pm
Entry Requirements: Good command of the English language with a proficient level of literacy, wear comfortable clothing.
How much does it cost? The course fee is €90. Contact Noeleen Boyle directly on 086-3913149 or 086-606127 to book a place on this course.
Course Venue: The course is held in Castleblayney Community Enterprise Centre, Dublin Road, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan A75 WF72
Topics covered include:
- First Aid Principles & Equipment
- Assessment Adult, Infant & Child
- Accident Scene Management
- Circulation, Wounds & Bleeding
- Choking Adult, Infant & Child
- CPR & Defibrillation Adult/ Child / Infant
- Unconscious, Bumps, Bruises
- Treatment of Shock (Basic First Aid)
- Recovery Position
- Fractures, Sprains & Strains
- Burns & Scalds
- Medical Emergencies – Heart Attack & Stroke (Basic First Aid), Asthma, Epilepsy & Infantile Convulsions
After successful completion of Basic First Aid/ Paediatric First Aid Training each participant will receive a NB Training Services certificate which is valid for 2 years from date of issue.
Friday 10th December 2021 or Monday 17th January 2022