Aim: The Fire Safety training course aims to raise awareness and equip each participant with skills on how to act safely in the event of an emergency fire hazard within the workplace
Delivery: The Fire Safety training course is delivered by a NB Training tutor. The course is delivered using a power-point presentation with discussions and videos.
What award do I receive? After successful completion of the course, each participant will be awarded a NB Training certificate in ‘Fire Safety’.
Course Duration: The Fire Safety course is delivered over 1 evening (6.30-10pm).
Entry Requirements: Good command of the English language.
How much does it cost? The course fee is €50. Contact Eric Boyle directly on 086-6060127 to book a place on this course.
Course Venue: The course is held in Castleblayney Community Enterprise Centre, Dublin Road, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan A75 WF72
Topics covered include:
- Overview of the Fire Safety legislation
- Understand physics & Chemistry of Fire
- Development & Spread of Fire
- Action to take in the event of a Fire
- Raising the Alarm
- Summoning the Fire Brigade
- Action to take upon hearing the Fire Alarm
- Steps in the Evacuation Process
- Practical demonstration in the use of foam & Co2 fire extinguishers
Assessment is by multiple choice test & practical demonstration using fire extinguishers
After successful completion of the Fire Safety training course, each participant will receive a Fire Safety certificate from NB Training, which is valid for 3 years from date of issue.