Health and Safety at Work
The purpose of this award to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to promote and maintain safety and health in a work environment.
- Examine the role & functions of the Health & Safety Authority.
- Analyse the duties of employers/employees for current Safety, Health & Welfare at work legislation.
- Summarise the factors which contribute to Health & Safety working environments.
- Explore the role of communication & training to promote the requirements of Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Explain the procedures in reporting & recording accidents.
- Explore the appropriate procedures for using & disposing hazardous materials with reference to the material safety data sheets (MSDS) & using personal protection equipment (PPE) in the workplace.
- Examine Safety risk factors which include hazards, work environments, equipment & work practices.
- Explain contents of a First Aid Kit and their appropriate use.
- Explore the range of microorganisms and requirements needed for growth, spread, routes of infection while also examining preventative measures & emergency care procedures.
- Outline risk factors to health and the role of diet & exercise in promoting good health.
Assignments (3) 60% Exam (Theory) 40%